On this week’s More Front Wing podcast, Paul and Steph are joined by John Oreovicz, the contributing writer on IndyCar for ESPN.com. John joins us to go over in depth the response from IndyCar’s stakeholders on the Series’s inaugural doubleheader weekend, the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit presented by Quicken Loans. He also elaborated in detail on his impressions from the Derrick Walker press conference on Sunday morning detailing IndyCar’s aero kit plans and competition strategy.
Paul and Steph also delved into a variety of other topics from the weekend, including:
- the John Barnes/Randy Bernard/Panther Racing situation;
- Jenna Fryer’s article on the current attitudes toward race control and Mike King’s response on IMS Radio the next morning;
- whether we’ve seen the last of AJ Allmendinger in open-wheel racing;
- the impression that a win by a part-time driver with a small team might leave on a passive viewer;
- the decision to penalize Will Power and Sebastien Bourdais for their outbursts on Sunday;
- a preview of the upcoming race at Texas;
- and much more.
To listen, use the player below or search for More Front Wing on iTunes.