On this week’s More Front Wing podcast we catch up with Zach Veach of Andretti Autosport, who has won two races so far in his 2014 Indy Lights campaign and looks set to be a full-season title contender. Zach gave us his very candid opinions on a number of topics, including:
- A budding rivalry with his friend Gabby Chaves of Belardi Auto Racing
- His thoughts on teammate Matthew Brabham, who dominated in last year’s Pro Mazda season, not yet being in the mix at the front in Indy Lights
- Seeing 2013 Indy Lights champion Sage Karam partnering with Chip Ganassi Racing Teams and what it means for the Road to Indy
- What the Dallara IL-15 needs to accomplish to best serve aspiring IndyCar racers
- How he feels about the Indy Lights double-headers on road courses
Also this week, MFW Co-editors Steph Wallcraft and Paul Dalbey and Contributor John Lingle review the major talking points from the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama — such as Will Power’s error and Ryan Hunter-Reay’s redemption, what the key may have been to Marco Andretti’s podium performance, the severity of the penalty served by Helio Castroneves for pitting in the wrong box, the ongoing concerns on the consistency of the officiating, and much more – before looking at the results of the all-skate road course test to prepare for the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis and taking a further glimpse down the road into the oval portion of the Month of May and what might be in store for the 2014 Indianapolis 500.
To listen, use the player below or search for More Front Wing on iTunes.