The 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series season is finally under way, and what an opening weekend it was!
On this week’s More Front Wing podcast, Paul has the pleasure of speaking with the driver of the No. 78 KV Racing Technology Entergy/Nuclear Clean Air Energy machine, Simona de Silvestro. Fresh off what was by far the best race weekend of her IndyCar career, Simona discussed her relief at getting the Lotus monkey off her back, her relationship with her new teammate Tony Kanaan, her hopes for the 2013 season, and much more.
We also break down many of the excellent storylines coming out of the event at St. Petersburg, including:
- the first win for Andretti Autosport’s James Hinchcliffe;
- the excellent showings by Simona, Marco Andretti, and Scott Dixon;
- the early-season disappointments of championship hopefuls Ryan Hunter-Reay and Will Power;
- the ongoing struggles of Dario Franchitti;
- what the heck was going on (or not) in JR Hildebrand’s head;
- and more.
To listen, use the player below or find us on iTunes by searching for More Front Wing.