Finally, the long off-season has come to a close and the More Front Wing podcast is back for another year!
In this week’s episode, we launch our 2013 season by talking to James Hinchcliffe. While in Toronto recently he spoke with Steph on a number of topics, including:
- his thoughts on entering his second year at Andretti Autosport and his third in the IZOD IndyCar Series
- the pressure to post his first win
- how he feels adding EJ Viso to the mix will affect team chemistry
- his hopes on reuniting with his engineer from Newman/Haas, Craig Hampson
- his impressions on points such as the doubleheaders, standing starts, the qualifying rule changes, Randy Bernard, and the upcoming movie Turbo by Dreamworks, to name a few
- and many, many more.
We also selected the winner of our contest to win an autographed Alex Tagliani diecast, brought to us by their exclusive distributor, Toronto Motorsports. We’re happy to announce that Kristi Welch is the lucky recipient. Congratulations, Kristi! We’ll be in touch with you shortly. (If you’re not Kristi, don’t be sad — just head on over to the Toronto Motorsports website to pre-order your diecast right away. They’ll be ready later this year… but getting yours signed will be up to you!)
With that business taken care of, we spent the rest of the show answering listener-submitted questions and covered a wide variety of subjects, such as:
- how the engine battle might play out in 2013
- whether Dario Franchitti will be more competitive this season
- whether Simona de Silvestro will win a race for KVRT and who else might see a first win
- the Boston Consulting Group suggestions to set up a three-race playoff and end the season on the IMS road course
- how the rule changes might affect the outcome of the championship
- and lots more!
We’re excited to be back, and we hope you’re excited to have us. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions — we’re thrilled to take them at any time.
To listen to the podcast, use the player below or search for More Front Wing on iTunes. Let’s drop the green flag and get this season under way!